[As updated on 31 December, 2022 – 3:28 PM IST]
In light of the rising Covid Cases globally, RT-PCR Test has been made Mandatory For Fliers To India From 6 Countries. This has been confirmed by Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya, Minister of Health & Family Welfare.
The official guidelines from the Ministry of Health Website can be found here.
Some key things to note in the above Guidelines:
- All travellers should preferably be fully vaccinated as per the approved primary schedule of vaccination against COVID-19 in their Country.
- Submit complete and factual information in self-declaration form on the online Air Suvidha portal (www.newdelhiairport.in) before the scheduled travel, including last 14 days’ travel details.
- Upload negative COVID-19 RT-PCR report on the Air Suvidha portal (The test should have been conducted within 72 hrs prior to undertaking the journey).
- Children under 12 years of age are exempted from post-arrival random testing. However, if found symptomatic for COVID-19 on arrival or during the period of self-monitoring period, they shall undergo testing and treated as per laid down protocol.
- All passengers travelling to India will now have to undergo mandatory thermal screening.
- Also, anyone found symptomatic, will be isolated and taken to a designated medical facility.
- Also, 2% of all international passengers on each incoming international flight will have to undergo COVID-19 tests on arrival. They will be selected randomly; however, passengers will not be required to wait for the test results to arrive, and they will be allowed to leave after giving the sample.
Follow us on Insta for more such updates.